The Brothers of Saint John are a Catholic Religious Congregation, founded in 1975. The Brothers received from their founder, Father Marie-Dominique Philippe (a Dominican), a great love for Saint John and the Three Wisdoms as taught by Saint Thomas Aquinas. In total, there are nearly 500 Brothers on six continents. Along with the Apostolic and Contemplative Sisters, as well as the Lay Oblates, they form the Family of Saint John.
Our Charism is:
- To follow Christ as Saint John followed Him.
- To be sent to those who thirst for truth and love.
- To offer centers for formation and communion to those who are searching for meaning in their lives, especially the youth and families.
How we live it:
With the Virgin Mary, we live together
- A life of silent prayer, adoration, the Eucharist and Divine Office.
- A fraternal life: Community life in an apostolic priory lived out in simple and joyful
- A life of study: Seek Wisdom to grow in an intelligence of the faith and of the world’s present-day challenges.
- An apostolic life: to respond to the needs of those whom the Lord sends us, by formation, and accompaniment, all in a great diversity of missions (teaching, preaching, missions, work with those in the peripheries).